FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF SINGAPORE CUBS PROGRAMME
The FAS Cubs programme is a grassroots football development programme for boys and girls aged 7 to 12.
This programme will build the foundation towards hosting and fielding a strong team for the FIFA U17 World Cup 2021 and will also leave a development legacy beyond 2021. The girls will also benefit from this development programme which will boost the preparation of a good team for the AFC U17 Women’s Championship 2021, and future SEA Games that feature women’s football.
Imbue good values, enhance character-building and cultivate a habit of healthy lifestyle in children, while strengthening family and community bonds.
To give children the opportunity to establish unique life skills, pick up the habit of leading a healthy lifestyle and learn positive character-building values such as good discipline, respect, tolerance and teamwork.
To help children and parents to lead a healthy lifestyle, imbue kids with positive values for character-building, and promote family and community bonding, while building a broad base for football excellence through:
- Increasing participation
- Providing opportunities for regular play
- Providing quality coaching
- 35 fun football training sessions per year
- Football Festivals
- Get to meet LionsXII and S.League players & be player escorts
- Fun Play
- Discovery Play
- Learning Play
- Finishing Play
- Everyone has the opportunity to play.
- Football can be played anywhere and by everyone.
- Football is non-discriminatory.
- The game must be safe, fun, simple, exciting and rewarding.
- Fair play will be respected and encouraged at all times.
- Age- and ability-appropriate activities to be provided to all.