Coaching ● Jun 20, 2022
Applications CLOSED for FAS/AFC ‘A’ Diploma Coaching Course
Singapore Women’s National Team Head Coach, Stephen Ng, 1 May 2022
SINGAPORE, 20 JUNE 2022 – Interested coaches can apply for the latest Football Association of Singapore (FAS)/Asian Football Confederation (AFC) ‘A’ Diploma Coaching Course now.
This will be conducted over four parts, with the first part starting in July and the final part in November.
This course is targeted at coaches who wish to pursue their coaching development at a top amateur club or elite youth environment (i.e. Singapore Football League (SFL), Women’s Premier League (WPL), and Centre of Excellence (COE)).
Interested applicants are to access this Google Form link at https://forms.gle/2N4jUZQu257eqYzN9 to indicate their interest and provide the FAS Coach Education Department with their details. The closing date for the application is on 26 June 2022. Application is only limited to residents and permanent residents. Limited slots are available. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Full details of the course are as follow:
- Course name: FAS/AFC ‘A’ Diploma Coaching Course
- Course Dates and Parts:
- Part 1 (18 to 30 July) rest day on 24 July
- Part 2 (17 to 22 October)
- Part 3 (Work Experience) (23 October to 20 November)
- Course participants will be required to be at an amateur club or elite youth environment and will be required to clock at least 36 hours of coaching experience during the period)
- Part 4 (21 to 26 November)
- Full attendance required
- 8am to 7pm daily (for Part 1, Part 2 and Part 4)
- Comprises theory, practical, work experience, and assessment components
- Entry Requirements:
- A valid FAS/AFC ‘B’ Diploma or equivalent license
- At least one (1) year of relevant coaching experience (i.e. amateur club or youth programme) as a FAS/AFC ‘B’ Diploma or equivalent license holder
- Interested course applicants are required to submit their coaching logbook activities of the past one (1) year
- Interested course applicants may be subjected to an enrolment assessment
- Course fee: SGD $2,100
- Course participants will be issued with 2 x attire set (Jersey / Short / Socks)
- At the end of the course, course participants will be able to know how to/know about the following:
- Know how to produce effective match analysis
- Know how to explain positional play
- Know how to conduct well-organised, lively training sessions which are structured, interactive and achieve the aims
- Know about basic injuries/rehabilitation/hydration/nutrition
- Know how to integrate the goalkeeper into training sessions
- Know how to teach positional play
- Know how to handle new technology and media matters
- Know how to produce a logbook of coaching activities
- Course participants are required to bring their writing materials when attending lessons as they may need them for individual/group discussions, presentations, writing reports, etc.
- Entry Requirements: