Coaching ● Aug 05, 2022
[CLOSED] Applications open for FAS/AFC Goalkeeping ‘B’ Diploma Coaching Course
SINGAPORE, 5 AUGUST 2022 – Interested coaches can apply for the latest Football Association of Singapore (FAS)/Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Goalkeeping ‘B’ Diploma Coaching Course now. UPDATE: Applications are closed as of 22 August 2022.
This will be conducted in three parts, with the first commencing this September and the final part in January 2023.
This course is targeted at coaches who wish to pursue their coaching development as a goalkeeper coach in elite youth environments (i.e. Centre of Excellence (COE)), Singapore Football League (SFL), or Singapore Premier League (SPL).
Interested applicants are to access this Google Form link, https://forms.gle/nKgGchRdRGvDCGpf6, to indicate their interest and provide us with their details. The closing date for the application is on 21 August 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Full details of the course are as follow:
- Course name: FAS/AFC Goalkeeping ‘B’ Diploma Coaching Course
- Course Dates and Parts:
- Part 1 (3 – 5 September 2022)
- Part 2 (Work Experience) (6 September 2022 – 20 January 2023) (course participants will be required to be at an elite youth environment (i.e. Centre of Excellence (COE)), Singapore Football League (SFL), or Singapore Premier League (SPL) and will be required to clock at least 60 hours of coaching experience during the period)
- Part 3 (21 – 24 January 2023)
- One (1) theory exam
- Two (2) practical assessments (to be done in the course participant’s own environment within six (6) months after the course)
- Entry Requirement:
- A valid FAS/AFC ‘C’ Diploma, or equivalent license
- A valid FAS Goalkeeping ‘C’ Certificate or AFC Goalkeeping Level 1 Certificate, or equivalent license
- At least six (6) months of relevant coaching experience (i.e. amateur club or youth programme) as a FAS Goalkeeping ‘C’ Certificate or AFC Goalkeeping Level 1 Certificate, or equivalent license holder
- Interested course applicants are required to submit their coaching logbook activities for the past six (6) months
- Interested course applicants may be subjected to an enrolment assessment
- Course fee: SGD $780.00
- Course participants will be issued with two (2) attire sets (comprising jerseys, shorts and socks)
- At the end of the course, course participants will be able to know how to or know about the following:
- Understanding of ‘reality-based learning’ and various teaching and learning styles.
- Collaborating with other support staff in the development of the goalkeeper’s performance and their role within the team.
- Developing strategies that will provide the goalkeepers playing opportunities in match situations
- Ensuring the care and welfare of goalkeepers
- Design and conduct age-appropriate and reality-based training sessions
- Learning how the performance of the individual goalkeepers in training and matches contributes to the designing of training plans to achieve goalkeeper and team performance
- Focusing on the development of the individual goalkeepers
- Managing the warm-up before the match and recovery after the match
- Course participants are required to bring the following materials as they may need them for individual/group discussions, presentations, writing reports etc.:
- Writing materials
- Laptop / iPad / Tablet (ensure there is a session planner app on the device) (Compulsory)