FAS ● Sep 02, 2020
Notice of 38th FAS Annual Congress 2020
1. Pursuant to Article 29.2 of the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) Constitution, notice is hereby given that the 38th FAS Annual Congress 2020 is scheduled on:
|Date:||Saturday, 26 September 2020|
|Time:||10:00 am (registration commences from 9:00 am)|
|Platform:||Live Webcast: Log-in details provided upon registration at this link:|
2. In view of the current restrictions with regard to the congregation of large numbers of people for any activity and pursuant to the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements for Registered Societies) Order 2020, the FAS would conduct the 38th FAS Annual Congress via a virtual platform.
3. We therefore invite all Ordinary and Associate Members to nominate your representatives by completing and returning the attached Proforma to the FAS General Secretariat via email to [email protected] by 12.00pm, Friday, 4 September 2020.
4. The FAS General Secretary shall draw up the agenda based on proposals from the Executive Committee and the Ordinary Members. Pursuant to Article 30.1 of the FAS Constitution, any Ordinary Member who wishes to submit to the Congress shall send the proposed agenda to the FAS General Secretariat in writing, with a brief explanation of the proposal, at least twenty (20) days before the date of the Congress, that is by 12.00pm, Friday, 4 September 2020.
5. Kindly note the contents of Article 24 of the FAS Constitution:
|S/No||Article of the FAS Constitution||Description|
|1.||24.1||The Congress is composed of voting delegates. Each Ordinary member shall have one voting delegate.|
|2.||24.2||Ordinary Members which compete in the S.League (now known as the Singapore Premier League), the NFL, the IWL and/or any other league or tournament organised by FAS and which do not participate in these leagues in the year of the Congress shall be suspended from voting at the Congress and their representatives shall not be elected or appointed until they have fulfilled their obligations in this respect.|
|3.||24.3||Each Ordinary Member shall have one delegate with the right to vote. Only the delegates present are entitled to vote. Voting by proxy or by letter is not permitted.|
|4.||24.4||All voting delegates have to be at least 21 years of age.|
|5.||24.5||Delegates must belong to the Member that they represent and be appointed or elected by the appropriate body of that Member. They must also be able to produce evidence of this upon request.|
|6.||24.7||The FAS Council and the General Secretary shall take part in the Congress without voting rights.|
6. In this regard, as stated in Paragraph 3, we look forward to the submissions of the completed Proforma (applicable to Ordinary and Associate members) to the FAS General Secretariat via email to [email protected] by 12.00pm Friday, 4 September 2020. Please kindly be reminded that the nominated representatives must correspond with the representatives registered for the Live Webcast of the 38th FAS Annual Congress 2020.