FAS ● Aug 29, 2022
Notice of 40th Annual Congress 2022
1. Pursuant to Article 29.2 of the FAS Constitution, the Council of the FAS hereby calls for the 40th FAS Annual Congress 2022 on the date, time and place as indicated below:
|Date:||Friday, 23 September 2022|
|Venue:||Raffles Town Club
1 Plymouth Avenue
|Registration:||6.00pm to 6.45pm|
|Close of registration:||Registration shall close at 6.45pm sharp|
|Commencement of proceedings:||7.00pm|
|Dress code||Formal (Suit and tie)|
2. Pursuant to Article 30.1 of the FAS Constitution, the FAS General Secretary shall, no later than 13 September 2022, email to all FAS Ordinary and Associate members:
- the agenda for the 40th FAS Annual Congress 2022;
- the FAS Activity Report 2021 – 2022;
- the minutes of the 39th FAS Annual Congress 2021;
- the Financial Statements and the Auditor’s Report;
- any other proposal submitted by the Ordinary Members or the FAS Executive Committee for which due notice has been given.
3. Any Ordinary Member who wishes to submit a proposal for the Congress shall send it to the FAS General Secretariat in writing (via email to [email protected]), with a brief explanation of the proposal, at least twenty (20) days before the date of the Congress, that is by 1200hrs, Saturday, 3 September 2022.
4. Kindly note the contents of Article 24 of the FAS Constitution:
|S/No||Article of the FAS Constitution||Description|
|1||24.1||The Congress is composed of voting delegates. Each Ordinary member shall have one voting delegate.|
|2||24.2||Ordinary Members which compete in the S. League (now known as the Singapore Premier League), the NFL (now known as SFL), the IWL and/or any other league or tournament organised by FAS and which do not participate in these leagues in the year of the Congress shall be suspended from voting at the Congress and their representatives shall not be elected or appointed until they have fulfilled their obligations in this respect.|
|3||24.3||Each Ordinary Member shall have one delegate with the right to vote. Only the delegates present are entitled to vote. Voting by proxy or by letter is not permitted.|
|4||24.4||All voting delegates have to be at least 21 years of age.|
|5||24.5||Delegates must belong to the Member that they represent and be appointed or elected by the appropriate body of that Member. They must also be able to produce evidence of this upon request.|
|6||24.6||Each Associate Member may appoint two delegates and each Ordinary Member may appoint an additional delegate to attend the Congress without voting rights.|
|7||24.7||The FAS Council and the General Secretary shall take part in the Congress without voting rights.|
5. We therefore invite all Members who have fulfilled all membership requirements as of 1200hrs 3 September 2022 to nominate your representative/s by completing and returning the attached Proforma (Refer to Annex A – 40th FAS Annual Congress 2022 – Proforma) to the FAS General Secretariat via email to [email protected] by 1200hrs, Saturday, 3 September 2022.
6. It is mandatory for representatives of the Congress to be fully vaccinated (received primary series vaccination and booster dose).
7. Please find the following for your reference and perusal:
8. We look forward to the submissions of the completed Proforma (Annex A) to the FAS General Secretariat via email to [email protected] by 1200hrs, Saturday, 3 September 2022.