Coaching ● Feb 16, 2022
Registration open for FAS Goalkeeping ‘C’ Certificate course
SINGAPORE, 16 FERBUARY 2022 – The Football Association of Singapore (FAS) will be conducting the FAS Goalkeeping ‘C’ Certificate Course in March 2022 and registration is now open for interested applicants.
This course will be held at the Geylang Training Centre from 4 to 6 March and 11 to 13 March, and the registration fee is S$480.00 per participant. Those who wish to take up the course have to register at this link – bit.ly/22GKCreg – by 24 February 2022. The course will be conducted in accordance with the latest prevailing safe-management measures and only shortlisted applicants will be notified
Do note that potential participants must have the Asian Football Confederation (AFC)/FAS ‘C’ Certificate in order to be eligible.
The FAS Goalkeeping ‘C’ Certificate Course provides participants with the understanding of coaching goalkeepers in technical, functional and integrated sessions. They will get the opportunity to plan, prepare and deliver sessions with feedback from their peers and tutor to create a strong learning environment.
This course is targeted at those who wish to develop goalkeepers at the School Football Academy, School and Centres of Excellence level.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to know how to or know about the following:
- To understand the role of the Goalkeeper within the team
- To maintain a high standard of conduct within their coaching environment
- Able to create a safe and strong learning environment for the Goalkeepers
- Able to organise and develop a session to improve the Goalkeepers’ technique and decision-making ability
- Able to identify and correct situations effectively
- Have the ability to integrate players in the Goalkeeping session